HOW TO SEND US YOUR BRICKED BOX FOR REPAIR

How to send us bricked boxes, costs of worldwide recorded delivery, general questions & answers
kerikhaos
Site Admin

HOW TO SEND US YOUR BRICKED BOX FOR REPAIR

Post by kerikhaos » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Firstly welcome to our new community

PLEASE READ THIS POST VERY CAREFULLY

ok currently we have 2 workshops in Europe and hoping to expand slowly to another few areas to help reduce costs for people living in asia / USA etc.

Our main office and workshop is located in London (UK) and our 2nd workshop is located in Cyprus paphos. We have found it to be cheaper for people to send things to us in Cyprus because of the low Euro exchange rate. So this is a bonus for people not having to spend GBP when sending us items from long distance areas.

We can also give people an idea of return costs as per country those items are being sent from. We obviously prefer recorded delivery (the cheapest possible method) to make sure items are being tracked while in transit,

Units do not take more than 2-5 working days to be worked on before them being shipped back to their owners.

ok so how does the unbrick service work. Unbricking is usually the process of us reviving a bricked unit (ie blue led lights and black output screen). We use standard methods of revival and the UART method for more serious scenarios. Everything possible will be carried out to give our clients the best chance to unbrick the dead units. Once we receive the item we first diagnose the box and produce a repair report. Once the client agrees on the report (which will detail parts needed, costs and return delivery) we carry out the repair and ship back to owner. If for any reason a box is unable to revive then we DO NOT charge anything. Just the cost to return the box back to owner if they wish.

We can give you an idea of what the delivery costs would be if you give us your residing country. The cheapest unbrick solution will be no more than 14 euros (you can calculate the average exchange rate by going to XE.com and putting in your countries currency to compare with the Euro). Delivery recorded for just the black box (we do not want the packaging or cables to weigh down the package) should be about 350g in weight so the average cost for cheapest recorded delivery should be the equivalent of about 6-10 Euros

Please find the detailed stages of sending us the box successfully and reliably:

1. Please make sure you clearly include a document (clear writing or printed) detailing your name, return address, brief description of problem and a repair number (you will get this once you are ready to send us the box - its for our system records)

2. Once we receive the box we will do a quick diagnostic test and a quick patch test (to be sure that the repair operation will indeed work on the box)

3. An email or PM will be sent to you detailing the above and the average cost for repair (this will be including the return costs for recorded delivery back to your return address). for example 14 euros repair and xx euros return delivery recorded. Please contact us vefore to find out what charges are applicable to your country. (Soon we will have a delivery cost guide for cheapest return delivery via recorded post so you can check costs for your country)

please note:
We urge all customers to send via the cheapest recorded delivery method to ensure items to do not get lost and are able to be tracked if problems but it is not essential (it is however a risk you will be responsible for)

4. Once payment has been made via our paypal portal we ship the box back to you (bubble wrapped / jiffy bag) with a recorded delivery number so you can track the item if any problems. We use paypal for security and safety.

5. Any additional services for small fees will also be available to you once your box has been revived such as installing openelec over the android firmware or pushing a version of the latest matricom firmware on the box for as little as 5 euros on top of additional repair charges.

Our address for workshop is currently in cyprus but should expand to UK and US in the next year if all goes well

6. FOR CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF EUROPE PLEASE READ
It has come to attention that Cyprus is now on the lookout for foreign packets which they can induce an extra fee on us before we obtain the package. Our problem is that there is no proof you are sending us broken hardware and they believe we are buying products for resale. They estimate a virtual cost of the android boxes and force us to pay an extra 19% + 5% additional taxes before we even look at the item for service. We cant afford to pay these charges and we will have no choice but to pass this charge to you the customer if you do not do the following below:

Before sending your box to us please email us at info@vectordroid.com so we can send you a special invoice sheet which you will need to print out and send with your box so we can prove to customs that these are non working items with the value of xx.xx euros so no additional charges will incur. Customs has confirmed with us that with this invoice provided by the sender proving cost value under 15 euros we will have no additional tax charges. PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ITEMS WITHOUT CHECKING WITH US FIRST - YOU WILL BE PENALIZED FOR THE TAX CHARGES.

Our repair address is:

Keri Georgiou - VD
P.O. BOX 60513
Paphos, 8046
Cyprus (EU)

email: info@vectordroid.com

any further questions please post so we can get back to you as soon as possible - thanks

I have removed the VECTORDROID from the address since we are having problems with the post office threatening to charge extra money because of huge amounts of delivered boxes flying in. We are not producing enough to have these additional charges brought down on us nor do we wish to charge you these costs. Therefor we have solved the issue with the above change. Any questions please let me know thanks

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO SEND US YOUR BRICKED BOX FOR REPAIR

Post by kerikhaos » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Please note,

We can also service non genuine vectordroid boxes - if you have reached the end of your tether with other android systems please contact us first to see if we may be able to help you.

Thanks again

BJ1942

Post by BJ1942 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Can items be sent to the London workshop for repair? (You don't give this address)
I am in the UK and the postal cost would be £3.90, whereas the price to Cyprus is £10.15.
Regards,
BJ1942

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 am

Hi BJ1942 and thank you for your post,

We do not provide this address because the UK site is not yet operational for repairs (ie no engineers are located yet to process repair work). It is just our base for stocks and sales for our current product line.

From what we have dealt with already from our UK clients, most prefer to open their boxes up and send us just the motherboards inside their devices. This should drop the weight and size of the packet to be shipped even more. Obviously if you are not cofident in doing this operation please stay clear in case further damage is applied to the board. But for example the single sized MX2 box (with no other accessory ie cables, remote or adapters packed in a small sized jiffy bag)) should come to about 6 pounds delivered directly to us. If you dont mind sending us packages without recorded delivery the cost is expected to drop even more. We have many who send us with normal post and so far none have been lost or damaged in transit. So far everything is quite reliable.

Again the reason why we operate repairs in Cyprus is to offer the actual repair for cheaper than standard. For example if repairs would operate in UK it would be cheaper for customers in UK to send us their broken devices but the charges for repairs would be double. Making the cheap delivery pointless. Cyprus can ship to all of Europe and charge what it does on repairs because of its economic situation. At the same time we offer global services to everyone again because its cheaper to be centralized in Cyprus.

Unbricking comes to 14 euros (10 pounds) - This and 2 way delivery (approx another 15-16 pounds) total to around 25-26 pounds door to door repair service. The more devices are sent the lower the cost for the repairs. We try to be as reasonable as possible with charges and being in Cyprus allows to do just that.

If you need any further information on the details of sending us your boxes please post back and we will be happy to answer any further queries you have.

Thanks again for posting

CREZZ

Post by CREZZ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi. i have 4 boxes that need unbricking, 2 have red light on constant and 2 have blue light on constant, i'm in the UK now but travel to Turkey in a few days, if you could repair them how much would it cost and should i post from UK or from Turkey.

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

ok so you have 4 boxes - we havent had any members send us from turkey so i cant be sure of the postal services there but i can give you some advice on how to drop the costs of delivery to a minimum sending via UK.

First you must unscrew the 4 screws under each of your boxes (under the rubber feet - they are cross head screws)

Next you carefully prize open the lid revealing the motherboard underneath.

Slowly lift the motherboard until it becomes free from the box but be careful as there is the wifi antenna cable stuck to the huge heat sink underneath. Just carefully unstick that and you should have a single intact motherboard with antenna cable.

This is what we need only (no extra cables, no remotes and no huge packaging)

Wrap each one carefully in some bubble wrap or envelopes so not to touch one another in transit and then just pop them into a small cardboard box container taped well. This will be the minimum weight for delivery (standard or recorded).

Please include inside package the following details:

name / email address / return address / problems with the boards / any additional info to help pin point problem for you quicker

Once package has been received - you will be sent an email with a repair number and then sent regular updates with the current progress of each box. Once repairs have been completed on all or some of the boards we will issue you out an invoice via paypal which once received we will dispatch back to you again using recorded delivery.

please note (recorded delivery must be used when returning fixed boards) its only an option to send standard delivery if repairs have been unsuccessful.

Hope this info helps

Please let us know if you have any other questions and will be more than happy to answer them for you

Regards

resistme

Post by resistme » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:39 am

Hi. I have three MX2 boxes that don't work - all have blue light and blank screen:( One is a genuine G-Box Midnight MX2 from Matricom ref H18 v2.22; the other two are generic g18ref H18 v2.2 and H18 v2.21, that crashed when I was trying to update. Can these be fixed and what would the price be for delivery from the UK?

I've got pics of the mother boards just cant upload them on this site.

I've also posted a message on the how to fix forum as well!

Thanks

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi resistme

Welcome to the forum, I have answered your question in this post

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31&p=751#p751

Thanks for posting and let me know if you need any further info

michal.8a

Post by michal.8a » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:14 pm

hello if you already have someone in the uk??? because I want to send to repair my device ,so I'm waiting for an answer

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 am

Hi resistme,

Unfortunately we don't have the technicians in London and it would still require the hardware to be sent to us here in Cyprus for the repair.

For reference we have had tracked parcels from London costing as little as 5-6 GBP - You wouldn't be making a huge save if this was your concern with sending us the item to Cyprus.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks again for posting