WELCOME NEW USERS

Introduce yourselves here and detail which entertainment tv boxes you own
RussellS

Re: WELCOME NEW USERS

Post by RussellS » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi there, I am a new member here on the VectorDroid forums. I am already quite active on the XDA forums among others.

I currently have four MX boxes with various motherboards installed. I have had two of the boxes for nearly two years now both with the 'HD18 v2.22' boards. These have run various Linux based firmware over there life such as OpenELEC and MX-Linux but for the last six months or so they have been running EmbER-DE which I have been very impressed with. However, unfortunately one of these boxes recently decided to brick itself, I just turned it on one day and it stuck at the boot logo and then on the next boot just had a black screen. I have tried all the usual unbrick methods all to no avail although I did at one stage get the Matricom boot logo when flashing the 1.1.5 Matricom firmware. However it still would not boot.

I have since bought two more MX boxes both with different motherboards but I am having no success flashing either of these. One has now bricked and the other just won't flash at all.

I have sent an email to info@vectordroid.com regarding having the two bricked boxes repaired and am just waiting for a reply (only sent the email yesterday).

I would like help identifying the board that won't accept the firmware however I don't seem to be able to post a new thread in any of the forums. I was going to post a picture of the motherboard in the G18REF Discussion Board but there is no 'New Topic' button available to me. Why is that?

Also, I tried posting the picture here using the standard [img] format but I couldn't get the picture to display in the preview. So I don't know why that was either.

If anyone could help out with my posting issues I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:33 am

Hi RussellS

And welcome to our community. Apologies for late replies we did get your email and it has been forwarded to our sharp shooters so they try help identify your boards. Be assured we will get right back to you with the info you are looking for.

I will look in to the problem with the discussion thread not allowing you to post new topics and find out what's going on. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for sending us boxes I will send you instructions on what you need to include and where to send us your package.

Thanks again for joining and we will be in touch with you very soon.

Best regards

RussellS

Post by RussellS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks very much.

With respect to the discussion thread problem, I can post a reply in an existing topic but I can't create a new one.

On another note, do you still sell these boxes directly. The reason I ask is that on your 'Products' page none of the Ebay links are working and also the 'Click for details' link for the unbrick service doesn't work either.

Best regards

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi again Russell,

We do indeed sell these to our members but not at the same rate as our repairs.....we mainly supply bulk supplies to retailers but we never say no to single sales.

We do not show prices anymore since the exchange rate is always changing so what we do now for everyone is send the exact price of each unit to the people interested on the day of contact. So for example someone emails us and says they are interested in an MXQ Pro (64Bit) box. We convert the cost to the preferred currency of the buyer and then add shipping (which again will range depending on the country the item is traveling to). Once the buyer agrees on final price we send out an invoice via paypal (so everyone is covered) and once payment has been made we ship the box out to them recorded delivery.

All official vectordroid boxes come with a genuine service number and will provide you free updates and service directly from us using remote control applications and automated downloads. We can install, repair and upgrade your box without needing it to be sent back. This service is free for a year. We also have an after warranty plan for users with expired guarantees (we don't like leaving anyone behind where there may be a possibility of support).

You will always be guaranteed to have the latest kodi build (programmed by us) which is directly downloadable from our repo webspace and you will find that our updates are so frequent that no other builder can compete. For example in a single month we may have between 3-8 new kodi build versions all available for our members. This will always be free till as long as we are around.

Going back to your question about the dead links from ebay its to do with the time and resources which we currently don't have. We program our own website, forum and out reach advertising from our own pockets and so our progress with the whole online selling scene has been delayed. We are currently working on it and soon we will have working links for direct buys via ebay which is what we initially wanted to do in the first place.

Give us time to sort out this issue with the forum permission setting which is blocking you create a new post and i will let you know as soon as its been rectified.

Thanks again for posting and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with :-)

RussellS

Post by RussellS » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi again. The forum posting issues appear to have been sorted.

Many thanks

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:10 pm

No thank you for pointing it out to us

:-)

cupid

Post by cupid » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 am

Great to be a member of this forum. Need help in fixed my bricked matricom g-box mx2 . Blue light is on but stuck on black screen. Not even seeing matricom logo

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi glad to have you on board with us.

Have you tried the benni magic boot sd card to jump start your box back from the dead?

Rob46

Post by Rob46 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi everyone. Just stumbled upon this site whilst browsing utube etc. Wondering if I can upgrade the firmware on my old mxq box from android version 4.4.2.
I also have a later mxq pro 4K box that has 5.1.1.

I enjoy messing about with the boxes and will be looking for new info etc. Hopefully I can put in as well as take out from you all. Cheers....Rob

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:50 am

Hi Rob46 we're glad to have you on-board,

As far as memory serves you can take the old mxq to a dedicated version of kodi via the openelec route. This removes the android and gives you pure kodi at light speed performance. However as far as wanting to keep the android platform on and just go a level higher to a newer version I don't think its possible. The MXQ was created for android 4.4.4 and the later 4k version supported version 5.1.1 (Although we saw some boxes stuck on 4.4.4 too). Developers of the box didn't make any more advances in the android scene since too many newer and faster boxes were being released. Developing was dropped for the old boxes to make room for the newer ones hence why the only option to stay in game is to make the shift to openelec. This keeps kodi at its latest version and removes the android excess weight.

Problem most users will have now with android version 4.x.x and lower is that kodi version 17 will NOT run on these platforms. You will need a minimum of android 5.x.x to get this running. Unless a new hack is brought forward to light on how we would modify the kodi source code to bypass the limitation.

Hope this is useful info....