amlogic s905 no navigation bar, no notification bar

Discuss all other android sets in this forum
marfyvec

amlogic s905 no navigation bar, no notification bar

Post by marfyvec » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I just bough a new amlogic s905 box on amazon, (I already have a s805 and works very good)
My problem is that on s905 there isn't any navigation bar on bottom, neither any notification bar on top.

After double checked both on this forum and on anyother website forum etc, I couldn't find a solution, even if a see some videos about s905 that has both navigation and notification bar (but no change to know which firmware thay have)

I also tried to flash s805 firmware via amlogig burning tool (considering HW is similar) but just one version was succefully flashed but non way to start the box (then flashed back original firmware)
and also no way to root or to flash via SDcard, coz I always has the same error update aborted coz is impossible to mount volume/misc

Any idea, any help pls.

Thanks a lot to everyone
Cheers

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Re: amlogic s905 no navigation bar, no notification bar

Post by kerikhaos » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi, so is your problem with the built in android navigation bar which appears at the bottom of the screen?

This happens because you have chosen either the 3d launcher interface or the firmware you have has it left out or disabled.

The s805 is completely different hardware and processor. I cant see how you would of expected incorrect firmware to load up on the wrong box.

Please be more detailed with what it is you are trying to do so we can help

Thanks for posting

marfyvec

Post by marfyvec » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:00 pm

kerikhaos wrote:Hi, so is your problem with the built in android navigation bar which appears at the bottom of the screen?

This happens because you have chosen either the 3d launcher interface or the firmware you have has it left out or disabled.

The s805 is completely different hardware and processor. I cant see how you would of expected incorrect firmware to load up on the wrong box.

Please be more detailed with what it is you are trying to do so we can help

Thanks for posting

Hi, thanks for your replay,

yep my problem is with navigation bar that appears at the bottom and also with the notification bar on top.

This 2 bars doesn't exists on my amlogic s905.

(Actually as I see by AnTuTu Benchmark app I guess s805 and s905 were similar).

Anyway I'll show u my problem with some screenshot:
s805 home screen.jpg
s805 home screen u see navbar and notification bar
s805 home screen.jpg (116.08 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
as u can see on this 1st image that is my s805 home screen it has navigation bar on bottom and notification bar on top, (and this are also shown when I open an app like it works on a tablet)

following one is instead my s905 home screen on which u can see there ISN'T any navigation bar neither any notification bar
s905 home screen.jpg
s905 home screen NO navbar NO notification bar
s905 home screen.jpg (104.24 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
this is my s905 original firmware: MXQ-Pro-201606121132
s905 original firmware.jpg
s905 original firmware
s905 original firmware.jpg (115.02 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
I checked online to find a solution, I tried to flash a different firmware, I also tried as someone suggest to modify "build.prop" file on which I added "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" at the end but still no solved

So, what can I do to have both navigation and notification bar on my s905 box?

Thanks a lot guys.

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi and thanks for your post.

This indeed is a tricky problem to solve because its down to the android kernel and the management protocols of the firmware build.

We have similar issues on some android firmwares where once kodi would start a horrible blue bar would appear on the top of the screen forcing you to accept the notification OK button. But to do this you would have to use a mouse to point to it or use the mouse emulation button on the remote. Very frustrating until we found a solution for this.

Ok I will look in to your request and try to reproduce the problem. If we find any solution we will post here but so we understand 100% what it is you are looking for is that you WANT to have the top and bottom navigation bars like tablets have by default?

Thanks again for posting

marfyvec

Post by marfyvec » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:13 pm

kerikhaos wrote:Hi and thanks for your post.

This indeed is a tricky problem to solve because its down to the android kernel and the management protocols of the firmware build.

We have similar issues on some android firmwares where once kodi would start a horrible blue bar would appear on the top of the screen forcing you to accept the notification OK button. But to do this you would have to use a mouse to point to it or use the mouse emulation button on the remote. Very frustrating until we found a solution for this.

Ok I will look in to your request and try to reproduce the problem. If we find any solution we will post here but so we understand 100% what it is you are looking for is that you WANT to have the top and bottom navigation bars like tablets have by default?

Thanks again for posting

Thanks again for your replay.

Yes exactly what I want to fix on my box is to have navigation bar and notification bar as on the tables are.

Thank you all

kerikhaos
Site Admin

Post by kerikhaos » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:18 am

Hi again,

ok so according to my research this request is hard coded with the programmers custom firmware for the box. Basically means you will not be able to gain these features just with the standard firmware if its not present already. My solution is look for a 3rd party app possibly available on google play store which you can download and use as a replacement navigation bar. navigation bars are usually only designed for mobile phones and tablets but since streamboxes have remotes they were discarded. We only ever seen on the U1 boxes a navigation bar which only appears during the main menu screen and goes away when an app has been opened like kodi etc.

I would also suggest in this circumstance google is your best friend. Ask this question regarding 3rd party navigation apps and I'm sure you will provided with many solutions.

Hope I was helpful to you here